"MSDN - Fix titles" Greasemonkey script
Here's another small script, "MSDN - Fix Titles" which fixes the title on a number of MSDN pages.
Instead of something generic, the script tries to find a more specific title from the content frames.
In this example, "Welcome to the MSDN Library" gets replaced with a more relevant and usable title: "MSDN: Side-By-Side and Versioning Considerations for .NET Remoting".
at first, I meant to ask why don't you post it in http://userscripts.org, but then I saw you already did in http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/3349 so now I wonder why you don't link to this entries in your user scripts posts.
In addition, I htink I found a similar script that does it in an arguably more elegant way - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/2587Posted by: splintor (February 27, 2006 01:50 PM) ______________________________________
Thanks for the pointer Splintor, I definitely should have checked the userscript database first :-)
I agree the other script is cleaner. Mine was put together really quickly: I didn't want to worry with the XPCNativeWrapper injection changes (thus the injectMe method) and didn't spend long reverse-engineering the urls for MSDN ;-)Posted by: Julien Couvreur (February 27, 2006 09:48 PM)